CycloTech GmbH, located in Linz (Austria), is a high-tech company with a start-up atmosphere, that is specialised in developing aircraft propulsion systems based on cyclogyro-rotors.
These propulsion systems are the basis for a completely new type of aircraft, that, in comparison to conventional aircraft (e.g. airplanes, helicopters), allows a stable hover flight, i.e. vertical take-off and landing (VTOL), while at the same time good performance in forward flight is achieved.
Therefore, cyclogyro-rotors are a possible solution for the continuously increasing demands on short range cargo- and passenger aircraft or for inner city traffic. In the next development phase, we are realizing a flying demonstrator and therefore, would like to strengthen our team with an:
Design engineer / Constructor (m/f)
As part of the design and construction department you will act within the complete development and optimization process for cyclogyro-rotors, flight demonstrators and related components and systems.
Fields of responsibility will be:
- Mechanical design and construction of parts, components and assemblies using lightweight materials and composite structures
- Design and construction of kinematic mechanisms for control of the rotor units
- Design and construction of modules such as chassis, suspension or landing gear
- Execution of strength analysis and optimization (FEM)
- Conception and design of assembly and test devices for rotors and flight demonstrators
- Selection and coordination of external development partners and suppliers
- Approval and evaluation of sourced components and assemblies
- Close collaboration with members of the aerodynamics and production team
- Supervision of development projects from idea to final prototype
- Completed technical education (e.g higher technical institute), ideally with a specialization in mechatronics or mechanical engineering
- Min 4 years of experience in design and construction of complex parts
- Ideally knowledge of CAD-software CREO
- English language skills
- Reliability and precise and conscious way of working
- Possibility to contribute to the implementation of a futuristic and ground-breaking new technology in an international team
- Flexible working hours and work organization
- Pleasant working atmosphere
Annual salary for the position is € 40,000 gross per year (full time). Salary can be flexible according to qualifications and experience.
In case if interest, please directly contact: email@example.com