CycloTech GmbH, located in Linz (Austria), is a high-tech company with a start-up atmosphere, that is specialised in developing aircraft propulsion systems based on cyclogyro-rotors.
These propulsion systems are the basis for a completely new type of aircraft, that, in comparison to conventional aircraft (e.g. airplanes, helicopters), allows a stable hover flight, i.e. vertical take-off and landing (VTOL), while at the same time good performance in forward flight is achieved.
Therefore, cyclogyro-rotors are a possible solution for the continuously increasing demands on short range cargo- and passenger aircraft or for inner city traffic. For the next development phase, we would like to strengthen our team with an:
Calculation Engineer (m/f/d)
As part of the construction department you will act within the complete development and optimization process for cyclogyro-rotors and related components and systems.
As a part of the construction team, your responsibilities are:
- Independent and autonomous execution of calculations at component and system level
- Component analysis, evaluation and interpretation of calculation results as well as comparison with the test results
- Responsibility for the entire simulation chain: data management, pre-processing, solving and post-processing
- Interpretation and presentation of the results as well as proposed solutions in front of customers and in the project team
- Active participation from the concept phase to the development of assemblies and systems
- Derivation of optimization measures to achieve goals
- Support of the Head of R&D
- Completed academic education (MSc) with a specialisation in aircraft technology, mechatronics or mechanical engineering
- Several years of relevant professional experience in calculation and simulation
- Knowledge of typical calculation tools and software programs such as Abaqus, Ansys, Patran, Matlab, Python, Hypermesh or Nastran
- Excellent English language skills
- Reliability and precise and conscientious way of working
- Experience in the aviation sector and in handling CAD tools
- Experience with lightweight materials and composite structures
- Knowledge of German
- Possibility to contribute to the implementation of a futuristic technology in an international team
- Flexible working hours and work organisation
- Pleasant working atmosphere
Annual salary for the position is € 50,000 gross per year (full time). Salary can be flexible according to qualifications and experience.
If we have gained your interest, please send your motivation letter and resume to: email@example.com